We’re looking for a customer-service focused Service Desk Technician in our South Pasadena, CA office. The individual will manage, troubleshoot, and resolve procedural and technical issues in a timely manner for internal users in person (COVID restrictions dependent), support for other locations over the phone and through remote connectivity.
- Provide excellent customer service through problem solving to internal users
- Thorough documentation and regular communication to stakeholders
- Respond to tickets/calls to the Service Desk as first-level response, asking questions and obtaining information from users that will assist in assessing the extent of software and hardware problems experienced
- Troubleshoots and resolves a wide range of connectivity, hardware, and software problems
- Complete tickets/work orders to document work performed
- Instruct users in the operation of new or upgraded software applications
- Set up computer workstations and peripheral equipment, loads and tests software packages onto PCs
- Provide technical and procedural support to customers including file permissions, folder permissions, account permissions, security groups, password resets/unlocks, network connectivity, VPN, and remote desktop
- Maintain accurate asset inventory system that includes scanning and tagging technology assets
Skills and Background:
- 1-3+ years’ experience preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, with strong focus on customer service
- Quick thinking, high energy, positive, and professional, with demonstrated multi-tasking and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interface with business, technical and senior management level employees
- Organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of end-user devices (laptops, printers, mobile devices)
- Basic knowledge of operating systems, networking, and cloud
- Problem solving abilities and inquisitive
- Experience in utilizing ITIL compliant Service Management platforms, including ServiceNow, preferred
- Experience in O365 and Windows preferred
- Knowledge of remote access processes, tools, and capabilities related to customer support
- Skilled at prioritization, multi-tasking and strong attention to details
- Driven to learn more, stay positive, and grow
This is a hybrid role in South Pasadena, CA. On-site support is required three-to-four (3-4) days per week. Will require some travel to Irvine, CA office.
Tokio Marine Highland offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full suite of benefits including 401(K) with match, generous vacation and personal time, performance-based bonuses, and more.
How to Apply: Fill out our application.